'Industrial areas: sustainability and competitiveness to restart MEID project', 24th May 2013, Palermo (Italy)
MEID consortium organises a public workshop with regional authorities "INDUSTRIAL AREAS: SUSTAINABILITY AND COMPETITIVENESS TO RESTART MEID PROJECT", which will take place on the 24th May 2013 in Palermo (Italy), CERISDI, Castello Utveggio.
This workshop aims at presenting the results of the MEID project and the experimental activities carried out within a number of industrial areas that have participated at the project by testing the management model. They have also focused the attention on some elements that have been confirmed as strategic for the model success. The presentation and the discussion of important international experiences and applicative examples on industrial symbiosis and on Ecological Equipped Productive Areas, provides further added value to the event.
The meeting is oriented to the Local Public Administration, Enterprises and Management Companies of industrial areas and represents an occasion to share and exchange different experiences by discussing the theme of competitiveness of industrial areas in a Sustainable Development perspective.
The program of the workshop is available: in Italian or in English.
In order to participate in the event, please register:
- registration form in Italian
- registration form in English.
'Eco-innovation in industrial areas: a real competitive factor?', 31 May 2013, Rome (Italy)
Industrial areas located in Mediterranean countries with a strong manufacturing base, have a strategic interest for the territory development. After Rio+20 conference, the idea that “Green Economy” can contribute to the solution of this crisis is gaining momentum. According to the labour market data of European Union, in fact, job growth in the “Green Economy” has been positive throughout the recession and is forecasted to remain quite strong. This workshop intends to discuss the future of Mediterranean industrial area and the contribution of innovative infrastructures and services as competitive factor. The management model and tools developed in MEID project, the pilot activities carried out in the associated industrial areas, the existing and planned incentives for the enterprises will be therefore presented and discussed. Discussion of outcomes of relevant international projects, is a further asset of the workshop. The workshop is mainly addressed to Public Authorities, Enterprises, Industrial Area Managers, Researchers. It intends to share ideas and practical experiences on the way to improve competitiveness of industrial areas within the paradigms of Sustainable Development.
In order to participate in the event, please register: registration form in English.
More information about the workshop: click here
MEID pilot actions: technical round tables in Ragusa and Padova (Italy)
- The ASI Consortium of Ragusa organized between 19 – 20 of November 2012 technical panels on two major topics: "From company management instruments to industrial areas governance" and "Organization and management of an eco-sustainable industrial area in Ragusa".The objective of this Technical meeting is to put the basis for the guidelines, to integrate the MEID model into the territory. During the two days of Technical meeting, the experts presented examples of Sustainable Industrial Areas, cases study, best practices, the LCA, and explained the MEID Model and “Guide for the construction of environmentally Sustainable Industrial Buildings of Basque Country” and “Guidelines of the province of Bologna”, tools necessary for the proper planning of an Sustainable Industrial Area. The large contribute to the debate from the audience support the hypothesis that the Industrial Area of Ragusa, capitalizing on the many positive elements in it, can point to a sustainable development. Basic elements for this development are simple bureaucracy, a Managing Company that establish internal rules and economic incentives, to direct the Economy toward a Green development. More information available: click here
- During the period from 10th October to 7th December 2012, the Fenice Foundation has implemented a set of technical tables which are the part of pilot activities foreseen within MEID, dedicated to different topics:
- applicative Energy and safety future in equipped industrial areas, issues related to working security in the development of industrial facilities,
- analysis of different solutions linked to the construction of roof installations for industrial buildings, considering maintenance, photovoltaic, security and disposal of asbestos, regulatory and energy efficiency. More information available: click here
MEID training program is now available to public!
The MEID training program address Industrial Area managers, local and regional public authorities, regional agencies and national development associations, business intermediaries, SMEs, corporate groups, financial and investment community.
The objectives of the program are :
- Address issues of importance for sustainable industrial areas in the Mediterranean: practical aspects of design and implementation of sustainability projects within existing and planned industrial areas
- Raise awareness among industrial area managers, local and regional authorities, SMEs and industrials about sustainable approaches
- Transfer knowledge, methods, tools and models gathered and developed within the MEID project to users and potential beneficiaries.
Realised by Mediterranean project partners, the MEID training program includes:
- MEID model presentation and its practical application aspects
- Technical and Transversal topics related to the development of sustainable industrial areas
- Mediterranean case studies linked to the sustainable development.
The training program is available: click here
Last MEID reports on sustainable development in the Mediterranean are available!
Consult the last MEID deliverables about sustainablle industrial areas in the Mediterranean region:
- Guide for the construction of environmentally sustainable industrial buildings, summarised version. This “Guide for the Construction of Environmentally Sustainable Industrial Buildings in the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country” describes a wide list of good practices applicable to the construction of buildings and industrial sites throughout all its lifecycle (covering construction materials, as well as the construction process and issues related to energy consumption and other natural resources that are associated to the use of the building, amongst others).The summary of this guide has been prepared by the interregional cooperation project MEID. Download the guide.
- MEID Procedural Model. This document defines the procedure of the MEID model, to be intended as a series of necessary steps to be followed in order to implement a sustainable management of Mediterranean industrial areas. Specifically, there are described the essential requisites of a “sustainable” industrial area, among which a Sustainable Industrial Building (SIB) trademark which characterizes the MEID Model. Download the report.
All project documents: click here