The project activities are organised in a set of components:
- Component 1 – Communication: Communication and dissemination of project activites and results among a wide variety of audience (public autorites, scientific community, industials, SMEs, etc) and throught European networks. Project consortium will implement a number of international and national events.
- Component 2 – Project Management: implementatin of project management activites.
- Component 3 – SWOT analysis of Industrial Areas (IAs): starting from the exploitation of previous experiences, project partner will present their procedures and construction rules for new Industrial Areas, putting in evidence the environmental, economical criticisms and strengths. Project partner will share their SWOT results to identify the traditional model weakness and to propose innovative technology, process and materials. The “opportunities”at European level, available Best Available Technologies (BAT) related to buildings will be analysed. A set f internal round tables on swot will be organized.
- Component 4 – MEID model Definition: MEID Model will be developed as a decision support system for local authorities to define the IAs location, the area size, the general plan, taking into account mobility, resources, energy and waste management. It will include rules definition for industrial building in order to cover the lack of focus on sustainability in the industrial buildings which present specific characteristics from residential buildings. Two transnational technical meetings will be organized involving external experts.
- Component 5 – Validation and Pilot test: The model test will provide indications for improving sustainable standards of IAs and validate the rules to follow in the planning phase. SMEs of sustainable construction, energy, recycling sectors will be involved. Competent Authorities will provide recommendation to integrate into the regional programme indications to incentive the introduction of proposed rules. The foreseen pilot areas are: Apulia (Italy), Ragusa (Italy) and Valencia (Spain). Component activites include training courses, meetings for pilot actions and transnational workshops for SMEs.